We’re a great place to work!
We’re an equal opportunity organization and believe a diverse staff helps us better serve our clients.
The following position is currently available.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES: The NowGen Director will be responsible for the development and engagement of the young adult Jewish community in Phoenix. The Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix has developed an innovative model of engagement aimed at young adults between the ages of 21-45, and this position involves continuing to grow and strengthen the program.
In addition, the NowGen Director will have assignments within the scope of the Federation’s overall Development Team, related to engaging the Jewish community and fundraising initiatives.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
NowGen (young adults ages 21-45)
- Direct the overall NowGen Phoenix operational and strategic plan (inclusive of outreach, engagement, and leadership development) with the goal of connecting NowGen constituents to the Jewish community and each other.
- Staff National Young Leadership Cabinet – Phoenix’s leadership-training program for people ages 30-45
- Manage the NowGen budget.
- Supervise NowGen Board development and related board tasks.
- Represent NowGen at local events and national conferences, conduct presentations to the broader community, and hold one on one meetings to share the NowGen PHOENIX strategy, develop key communal relationships, and make the case for change and increased funding.
- Support and/or oversee marketing efforts for NowGen including social media, digital marketing, development of collateral materials, writing press releases, etc. in partnership with the marketing department.
- Track attendance and engagement at events.
- Manage event logistics in partnership with lay leaders, ensuring strong communication/planning prior to event and visible branding and smooth execution at events.
- Create new programs and services as needed to address the growing needs of the young adult community as well as support existing programs.
- Develop and support relationships with potential donors and funders of NowGen PHOENIX initiatives and the Jewish Federation’s Campaign.
- Work collaboratively with other departments of the Federation in support of the Federation’s overarching mission, including outreach, engagement, and fundraising.
WORKING CONDITIONS / LOCATION: Scottsdale, Arizona
SCHEDULE: As needed and required by the position
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS: Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
- Strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and maintain a high level of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently as well as in team environment, and be detailoriented.
- Proven ability in creating strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects; channeling donor engagement into charitable impact.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to meet, greet, and educate people with confidence and poise.
- Experience working with operational and strategic plans, goal setting and hitting milestones, and building and managing budgets.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community preferred.
- Ability to engage young adults to join and participate in NowGen Phoenix events and encourage their involvement in leadership roles. Prior successes working in the NowGen/young adult sphere a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and donor tracking software programs (i.e., Blackbaud Donor Management System). Comfort with social media platforms.
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills.
- Diplomacy, drive, along with a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Areas of discipline: Jewish communal professional, marketing, event planning, and management, or related fields.
Minimum of three years of experience in leadership roles at Jewish communal institutions (or equivalent experience in a different sector).
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org