Interested in what’s happening at The J? Please visit the Martin Pear JCC programs and events calendar here.Submit an Event
- This event has passed.
Jewish Family & Children’s Service’s Aleinu Program To Host Intimate Partner Violence Workshop
May 8, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$25
Jewish Family & Children’s Service’s (JFCS) Aleinu Program will host an Intimate Partner Violence program as part of the Aleinu Workshop Series.
At this workshop, participants will learn to:
• Identify the different types of abuse encountered in IPV
• Recognize indicators of gas lighting, which is a form of psychological manipulation, and how to begin healing from it
• Understand how to utilize information about IPV as a tool to facilitate healing (i.e. how to use DV education with your clients to facilitate healing)
• Understand the intersection of grief and trauma in IPV
• Identify trauma informed interventions that can help focus healing
The speakers at this event are Joan Mitchell, a domestic violence advocate with JFCS, and Mimi Kaplan, program director of JFCS’ Shelter Without Walls program.
Cost to attend is $25. To register: https://www.jfcsaz.org/event-calendar/ipv-registration/
Three Cultural Competency Units are available upon completion.